07/09/2015

UNIT 5: THE SORE PAW


OBJECTIVES

Throughout this unit, the student will be able to achieve the following points:

ð   Identify and say how animals move
ð   Listen and say Tiger’s word chant
ð   Listen and understand the story
ð   Give a personal response and be aware of values in the story
ð   Recall and repeat the story
ð   Sing the songs
ð   Practise pronunciation: /m/
ð   Make the story characters
ð   Act out the story using the story characters
ð   Play the games
ð   Do a role play
ð   Listen, understand and repeat the Ping and Pong story
ð   Ask and say how you move
ð   Read and write key words
ð   Listen and respond to classroom language
ð   Review own learning

CONTENTS: 

1.- LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE AND USE

ACTIVE LANGUAGE
RECEPTIVE LANGUAGE
CORE LANGUAGE: Animals
RECYCLED LANGUAGE
CLASSROOM LANGUAGE
Along comes a ...
... goes away as fast as it can.
... pulls, comes out, better, take you home

crocodile, elephant, frog, giraffe, monkey, mouse, parrot, snake
Story vocabulary
paw, scared, sore, thorn
CLIL vocabulary:how animals move
climb, fly, jump, run, swim, walk
Structures
Can you help me, please? No, sorry. I can’t./Yes, of course I can.
I can (jump)/I can’t (fly).
A (giraffe) can (run).
Can you (swim)? Yes, I can./No, I can’t.
hello, please, thank you
I’ve got ...
I’m ...
run, fast, funny, hand

Can you help me, please?
No, sorry. I can’t./Yes, of course I can. / Thank you.

Pronuntiation
-      The /m/ sound (monkey, mouse)

2.- SOCIO CULTURAL ASPECTS

ð   Interest in animals
ð   Pleasure in a story about animals
ð   Interest in learning about how animals move
ð   Enjoyment in learning a traditional rhyme and playing a game
ð   Interest in learning about animals in the countryside in the UK and comparing them with animals in your country 

3.- LITERARY EDUCATION

  • Taking part in dramatisations, memorisation, poem recitation, singing songs, telling stories, etc:
Songs and rhymes
-          Hello, everyone
-          Goodbye, everyone
-          Tiger’s word chant
-          Can you help me, please?
-          A frog can jump
-          Eeny meeny miny moe

4.- CROSS-CURRICULAR ITEMS

§ Science: How animals move

5.- ATTITUDES AND VALUES
ð   Awareness of the importance of being kind to friends
ð   Enjoyment in practising pronunciation
ð   Willingness to take turns
ð   Respect for others in the group
ð   Pleasure in the humour of the Ping and Pong story
ð   Confidence in using classroom language
ð   Willingness to review own learning


No comments:

Post a Comment